It’s already 2023, and it’s worth updating your image a little bit. A haircut makes a big difference. By cutting our hair, we get rid of negative energy and leave the past behind.
Willing to look younger than their age, ladies start looking for the best youthful hairstyles for women over 40 which will help them create the desired image and always look brilliant. The right cut makes it possible for women to look stylish and chic no matter what and always feel fantastic.
How To Choose A Youthful Cut?
Every woman over 40 is willing to look younger than her age. There are diverse ways for reaching their goal, including changing the cut. Youthful hairstyles for women over 40 don’t really differ from other cuts; there are just less cuts ladies over 40 may do in order to look younger.
Selecting a new cut, it’s worth taking the hair type into consideration:
- dry hair – it’s suggested to do simple cuts which require minimum effort for styling them and make it possible to wash hair not that often;
- oily hair – such hair type requires the cut to add volume, so it’s suggested to do layered or graduated cuts;
- normal hair – there are no certain limitations concerning the cuts.
Top Youthful Cuts
Let’s consider the most suitable options it’s suggested to do in order to look younger and create an incredible image:
1. Classic bob
This is one of the most effective and widespread cuts which has already gained in popularity with ladies from across the world. Choosing the right hair salon, it will be possible for you to look fantastic in any situation and, obviously, look much younger than your age.
2. Layered bob
This is the second most widespread cut which is usually chosen by women over 40. Layered bob always looks brilliant and modern. It requires almost no styling which makes such cut even more appealing for ladies on the go.
3. Graduated cut
Graduated cut is an excellent choice for ladies with long, thick hair, however avoid cutting it if you have fair, lifeless hair. Graduated cut matches perfectly with side bangs – such hairstyle will add volume and make you look younger. The more layers graduated cut has, the younger you look. Take this into account when selecting a new hairstyle.
Most European women give preference to short cuts when it comes to youthful hairstyles for women over 40. The main reason why ladies choose short cuts is that they require minimum styling – the only things necessary for styling such cuts are a dryer and styling mousse. Pageboy and Vidal Sassoon are the cuts which will be suitable for ladies over 40 who are willing to look younger and add volume to the hair roots.
Grey hair color can be quite a flattering one even if you are over 40. It doesn’t matter how long or short your haircut is, you can always rock that grey perfectly. How?
Let’s have a look.
Trendy Hairstyles for Grey Hair Over 40
If you’re not sure a grey haircut can make you look young and stylish, you should read the recommendations below. Probably, you’ll change your mind completely. Grey locks and stunning silver shade make your look more elegant and chic. So, definitely pay your attention to the following hairstyles and pick the best one for yourself.
- Pixie. A pixie haircut is a huge trend right now, especially among those who prefer silver and grey tones in their hair. A short pixie haircut is easy to maintain and style. Even with grey tones, a pixie haircut makes you look 5-6 years younger. Take a few minutes and check how cool it looks on such celebrities as Jamie Lee Curtis, Glenn Close, and Dame Judi Dench.
- Bob. It is quite a universal haircut, which perfectly goes with any color and shade, including silver and grey. Just look how stylish a bob haircut looks both on Helen Mirren and Kelly Osbourne. Especially good a bob haircut goes with a multi tone grey shade.
- Layered haircut with curly ends. It seems like layered haircuts have always been popular. Do you know that this one perfectly goes with grey shades too? A layered grey hairstyle is one of those, which are very easy to style. Just blow dry your hair as usual and curl the ends. Voila! You have a chic and elegant look. Check how stunning those celebrities like Emmylou Harris and Ellie Goulding are with their grey layered haircuts. This style and color suits both younger and older women.
- Light and wavy asymmetrical hairstyles. Asymmetric hairstyles have been among the trendiest ones already for a while. Especially cool they look in a silver tone. So, don’t be afraid to experiment. Try a shorter asymmetric bob with slight, flowy accents. Many celebrities rock this style this season. For inspiration, look at the photographs of Carmen Dell’orefice, Kelly Osbourne, and Pink. Pink is almost 40, but she knows how to wear those grey and silver short haircuts absolutely perfect.
- Messy grey curls. If you have curly hair and you’re over 40, don’t be afraid of grey shades as well. With curly hair, it looks bouncy and romantic. Just look at Roseanne Barr and her beautiful grey curly hair.
Hopefully, you’ve understood that a grey color is not so complicated and oldish as many people consider it to be.