Women of elegant age must be especially careful to choose a haircut that will refresh and rejuvenate them. Women with curly or wavy hair find it particularly difficult to choose a hairstyle.
Willing to look younger than their age, ladies start looking for the best youthful hairstyles for women over 40 which will help them create the desired image and always look brilliant. The right cut makes it possible for women to look stylish and chic no matter what and always feel fantastic.
How To Choose A Youthful Cut?
Every woman over 40 is willing to look younger than her age. There are diverse ways for reaching their goal, including changing the cut. Youthful hairstyles for women over 40 don’t really differ from other cuts; there are just less cuts ladies over 40 may do in order to look younger.
Selecting a new cut, it’s worth taking the hair type into consideration:
- dry hair – it’s suggested to do simple cuts which require minimum effort for styling them and make it possible to wash hair not that often;
- oily hair – such hair type requires the cut to add volume, so it’s suggested to do layered or graduated cuts;
- normal hair – there are no certain limitations concerning the cuts.
Top Youthful Cuts
Let’s consider the most suitable options it’s suggested to do in order to look younger and create an incredible image:
1. Classic bob
This is one of the most effective and widespread cuts which has already gained in popularity with ladies from across the world. Choosing the right hair salon, it will be possible for you to look fantastic in any situation and, obviously, look much younger than your age.
2. Layered bob
This is the second most widespread cut which is usually chosen by women over 40. Layered bob always looks brilliant and modern. It requires almost no styling which makes such cut even more appealing for ladies on the go.
3. Graduated cut
Graduated cut is an excellent choice for ladies with long, thick hair, however avoid cutting it if you have fair, lifeless hair. Graduated cut matches perfectly with side bangs – such hairstyle will add volume and make you look younger. The more layers graduated cut has, the younger you look. Take this into account when selecting a new hairstyle.
Most European women give preference to short cuts when it comes to youthful hairstyles for women over 40. The main reason why ladies choose short cuts is that they require minimum styling – the only things necessary for styling such cuts are a dryer and styling mousse. Pageboy and Vidal Sassoon are the cuts which will be suitable for ladies over 40 who are willing to look younger and add volume to the hair roots.
Grey hair color can be quite a flattering one even if you are over 40. It doesn’t matter how long or short your haircut is, you can always rock that grey perfectly. How?
Let’s have a look.
Trendy Hairstyles for Grey Hair Over 40
If you’re not sure a grey haircut can make you look young and stylish, you should read the recommendations below. Probably, you’ll change your mind completely. Grey locks and stunning silver shade make your look more elegant and chic. So, definitely pay your attention to the following hairstyles and pick the best one for yourself.
- Pixie. A pixie haircut is a huge trend right now, especially among those who prefer silver and grey tones in their hair. A short pixie haircut is easy to maintain and style. Even with grey tones, a pixie haircut makes you look 5-6 years younger. Take a few minutes and check how cool it looks on such celebrities as Jamie Lee Curtis, Glenn Close, and Dame Judi Dench.
- Bob. It is quite a universal haircut, which perfectly goes with any color and shade, including silver and grey. Just look how stylish a bob haircut looks both on Helen Mirren and Kelly Osbourne. Especially good a bob haircut goes with a multi tone grey shade.
- Layered haircut with curly ends. It seems like layered haircuts have always been popular. Do you know that this one perfectly goes with grey shades too? A layered grey hairstyle is one of those, which are very easy to style. Just blow dry your hair as usual and curl the ends. Voila! You have a chic and elegant look. Check how stunning those celebrities like Emmylou Harris and Ellie Goulding are with their grey layered haircuts. This style and color suits both younger and older women.
- Light and wavy asymmetrical hairstyles. Asymmetric hairstyles have been among the trendiest ones already for a while. Especially cool they look in a silver tone. So, don’t be afraid to experiment. Try a shorter asymmetric bob with slight, flowy accents. Many celebrities rock this style this season. For inspiration, look at the photographs of Carmen Dell’orefice, Kelly Osbourne, and Pink. Pink is almost 40, but she knows how to wear those grey and silver short haircuts absolutely perfect.
- Messy grey curls. If you have curly hair and you’re over 40, don’t be afraid of grey shades as well. With curly hair, it looks bouncy and romantic. Just look at Roseanne Barr and her beautiful grey curly hair.
Hopefully, you’ve understood that a grey color is not so complicated and oldish as many people consider it to be.
Choosing A Cut: The Right Approach
Short cuts are popular for lots of diverse reasons, such as:
- they help women look much younger;
- it’s really easy to style them at home;
- short cuts may be styled differently;
- they look great with side and straight bangs as well as without them;
- short cuts are suitable for all face shapes;
- they are always in style and can make every look incredibly elegant and fashionable;
- short hair looks healthier and thicker as well as adds volume;
- it becomes possible to look different every single day and create an eye-catching image.
Layered choppy cuts always add volume – these haircuts are just excellent for ladies with fine, thin hair.
There is a great number of various short choppy hairstyles for women over 40. The most widespread are:
- Cascade cut. It is really simple to style this cut – it requires minimum effort and time. Choppy hair will make you look fresh and glowy creating an eye-catching, unforgettable image.
- Short Garson. This cut is a catch for ladies of any age. It looks quite edgy and will definitely impress ladies who like experimenting with diverse hairstyles. Women with oval face shape should give preference to classic Garson without bangs, while ladies with round face may choose a Garson with medium length side bangs.
- Layered choppy cuts. Short layered cuts are just perfect for women over 40 with fine hair. Such cut will add volume to the hair roots and make the image look fresh. It is also easy to style it – styling requires no special skills, all you need to have is volumizing foam and hair dryer.
- Pixie. An irreplaceable option for women on the go who don’t have enough time for styling it. Regardless of the fact pixie is quite a short cut, there are lots of diverse options for styling it, starting from a classic way and ending with edgy one. Pixie will be a catch for ladies with round face shape making their image even more fabulous.
It’s worth keeping in mind short hairstyles have to be always cut on time in order them to look decent and neat.
Each face shape has its own benefits, which you definitely shouldn’t hide. Thus, picking the right haircut is very important as it is going to frame your face and the appearance in general. Following the trends doesn’t mean getting what you need. It is about what suits you more or less.
For a lot of women, one of the most difficult face shapes becomes a square one. Why? It is hard to answer, but so many people find it too difficult to pick those perfect hairstyles for square faces over 40 particularly. So, let’s have a look what might fit you best if you’re a mature woman.
Top 5 Hairstyles for Women Over 40
Many women consider a square face shape is the hardest one for picking the right haircut. They think most trendy hairstyles don’t go with those strong features of a square face. This shape has sharp angles in the forehead and jaw areas.
How to frame your square face if you’re 40 or older? Will all of those young and trendy hairstyles fit you too?
- Pixie. You’re completely wrong if you consider it to be a hairstyle for oval face shaped girls under 20. A pixie is a great haircut for those over 40 with sharp square faces. Pixie will soften those sharp corners of your face and will make it look rounder.
- Long curls. As you have already understood, you need something to soften the features of your face to make it look rounder. A long haircut with soft Hollywood curls will do it great.
- A layered haircut. No matter whether you have long or medium hair. The same way, no matter how old or young you are. It seems like layered hairstyles suit almost every woman. You should control the length of the hair only. For a square shape, it is not recommended to go too short with a haircut. A long bob is probably not for you.
- A sideways fringe. A fringe is going not only to soften the features of the face but also to make you look 5-6 years younger. This will make your face look more oval.
- Full bangs. One more great idea for a square face is to go for a full bang, which is shorter in the middle and rounds out on the sides. It gives an illusion of a more oval face and looks very chic and romantic. And do not go for shorter haircuts even with a bang. Keep your hair long, so it will soften the corners of the jaw.
If you still don’t believe that all of these hairstyles can perfectly go with the strong features of a square face, think about the hairstyles Emily Deschanel, Demi Moore, Sandra Bullock, and Katie Holmes have. All of these celebs have the same face shape as you.
It’s not surprising short hairstyles gain in popularity nowadays. Convenience and an opportunity to easily style short cuts make them so appealing for ladies on the go. Short haircuts for women over 40 with fine hair make it possible for ladies to not only style them within a few minutes, but also create an unforgettable image and feel confident in any situation.